The purpose and importance of ARE is to communicate the real-life effects of addiction on the common person and society. My intent is to share my real-life experiences so that I can help young people and adults understand the plight of the homeless (addicted or not) as well as the effect of and cures for alcoholism, depression, and drug addiction.
ARE attempts to explore solutions for pre-addiction and for those who are addicted.
Note: Let me, and the others that contribute to A-R-E’s initiative, know if we helped someone. Positive reinforcement goes a long way.
firstname.lastname@example.org or the Website’s “contact” tab.
BLOGS THAT STAND OUT SINCE THE FIRST POST, AUGUST, 2015:
Each post has content that all of us have experienced, seen others experience, or hope that people will never experience. The posts also cover the effect of addiction on people that we had no intent to hurt–such as unborn babies. My hope is that you share the posts with people and organizations that could benefit.
- Think addiction is a victimless crime? Watch this video of an infant in withdrawal – The realities of addiction on unborn children.
- Hit Bottom? Live With It – Four very important facts that an addict needs to face,
- “Death-End of the Road” For Friends of a 27-Year-Old – Four young people, out of a group of nine friends, died from addiction even though they thought, “it could never happen to me”.
- The Real Shit You’ll Experience – Using Alcohol and Drugs – Whether you’re a Boston Celtic’s star basketball player or just a regular person, the physical and mental hell you experience as an addict is the same. Chris Herren Tells All
- Blackouts: Death, Jail or Life – The facts about how addiction can kill you and others. Those who experience blackouts are not limited by age, nationality, gender, or finances.
- Facial SCARS – The Pistol Whipping Scar – The physical and mental scars that an addict can not hide.
- The Second SCAR – Ignorance Will Kill! – The scientific reality is that your mental ability to recognize right from wrong is slowly destroyed. When you enter this stage, your reality is to follow anyone and believe anyone. A good part of your reasoning is GONE!
EDUCATION AND TREATMENTS:
- HOPE: Gabapentin Is A Treatment For Alcohol Dependence. A Choice To Save Your Life! – Gabapentin is a well known and easily prescribed drug that reduces nerve pulses and pain in the brain. An off-label use of Gabapentin is treatment for alcohol abuse.
- There is Treatment for Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome/Wet Brain – Simple vitamin B-1 is a huge block for Wet Brain.
- National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment – Buprenorphine (Suboxone®, Subutex®3, Zubsolv®4, Bunavail™) is an opioid medication used to treat opioid addiction in the privacy of a physician’s office.
- Housing For The Homelessness and Addicted – This is a great resource for anyone who needs shelter or for anyone who wants to understand the type of housing available to those who have lost their homes.
I am proud of what we started. Just the 4 bullets under Education and Treatments, could save one person. That one person could positively affect dozens more and so on.
Use your imagination. If one young woman or man influenced friends or romantic partners after reading ARE’s blog posts, then we and you made a difference.
This blog started out being called Bare Popa, which means Big Pop. Big Pop was my Great Grand Father, whom I was named after. He was a well respected, no-holds-barred, Irishman who was the Fire Chief of one of the largest cities in NY State. Because addiction is a dilemma, I’ve subtitled the blog is A Real American Dilemma. My editor and I renamed the website to Addiction Reality Education (ARE) because I know education, at an early age, will curb future addiction. In our research, we’ve also found treatments for alcohol addiction.